A Visit to City of Nawabs

A journey where I nourished my soul with the beauty of nature, purity of people, enriched my eyes by witnessing beautiful views of sunset. A place with which I fell in love from  the majestic architecture of historical palaces to countryside small mud houses.

A beautiful sunset captured at Bahawlpur

Bahawalpur is such an amazing place which has my heart and where I always wanted to be; its like a feeling
 that as soon as you arrive at a destination, the air touches you and you feel like its for you...

 you are going to fall in love with it.💗

 I have never felt the same way before  as I have visited many cities in Pakistan before. The people, the food, the scenery, the greenery, the sun sets, the nights with the clear vision of sky and  shinning stars would make you fall in love with them and that too instantly. 

The breathtaking evening view at Goth Mehrab, Bahawalpur

Lahore is my city. I was born and raised in Lahore, though, I love my city but it has drained my energy; the noise, the pollution, the traffic jams, are more than enough to make you feel like leaving all the pandemonium behind and go to a countryside place for peace of your mind. Same happened to me and I so wanted to go to such a place where I can just feel the peace, tranquility, and calmness.


 So, day back to Feb 5th, 2021, I decided to go to a place which is very close to my heart, my very own, Goth Mehrab, Bahawalpur. It was a three days trip only  due to my busy schedule, and those three days have been the most blissful days so far, this year. 

   A soul touching shot of Goats grazing at Goth Mehrab, Bahawalpur 
while sun is setting down

I had the best peace of my mind those days. Though, travelling to Bahawalpur, takes 7-8 hours to reach, but this journey never makes you feel tired, the roads lead to Bhawalpur are smooth, neat and clean that you would love to stay for a while and have a cup of tea to shed off all the travel tiredness and anxiety. 

                                                          




                Some beautiful glimpse of cows passing through the fields at Goth Mehrab, Bahawlpur

It took me almost 7 hours to reach my destination, Goth Mehrab, a countryside place in Bahawalpur, which would definitely make you fall in love with its scenery, and its purity, for sure. 

A beautiful view of sheep grazing grass at Goth Mehrab, Bahawalpur.

Goth Mehrab, Bahawalpur, a place rising from the plain and shaded with treas and leaves filled with peace and tranquility to make memories.. A place where you'll see why a person would love to live there forever and ever. 💗


An alluring view to be grateful to our creator for blessing us with such a vision-
 at Goth Mehrab, Bahawalpur.

When I reached there, it was almost evening, sun was setting down, birds were going back to their nests, villagers were heading back to their homes post husbandry. It was such a vision to witness. 

A beautiful shot of bird going to its nest while sun is setting down at Goth Mehrab, Bahawalpur

The moment I stepped out of my car, I was welcomed wholeheartedly, the most magnificent point is that the people out there are so pure, wholesome and loving that you would instantly indulge with them. 

However, after all the greetings and freshen-up sessions, I was served Tea, and i'd must tell you that the tea out there is just mind blowing and if simply saying the tea is fantastic there. 

After the tea session, the food was served and I must tell you, the food is simply cooked on clay/wood stoves but it can beat the food of any five star hotel food. 
Its such a finger licking food.

A shot of clay stove-a way of making food on ope fire 


A beautiful and simple shot of clay water pot 

A shot of chaff cutter machine

Anyways after enjoying all the food, I went for a walk with my cousins, in the moonlight, with shinning starts, clear sky, and it was amazing to witness such a peaceful night with no noise and air pollution. 

A mesmerizing view of moon shinning bright 


After 15 minutes of walk, we headed back to our Haveli, and had tea again while gossiping and then we all were yawning and ready to just go and sleep, and so I went for sleep, imagining in my head the blissful morning, an amazing day, the food, the visit, finally, I fell asleep.

A traditional way of setting fire and gather around it at night and have friendly gossips

So, I started the next day with more energy and excitement. It was a little cold in the morning but the sunshine made it more beautiful. The breakfast was served in the yard and I had it while soaking the sunshine and enjoyed every sip of my tea and realize the more simpler you live, the more amazing life you have.

 A hypnotizing shot of sun rising to witness for nourishing the soul
 at Goth Mehrab, Bahawalpur

After, the breakfast, I started my day properly as I had lined up so many things to do in my this very short visit. I headed to a nearby home-based shop to but some beautiful bangles, sell by a woman there.

And here, I must tell you that women out there are so independent and hardworking that they run their own small businesses, they work with their husbands and family and that is amazing, just like urban-women, rural -women also work and support their families.

  An engrossing  shot of bangles at a home-based shop run by a woman
at Goth Mehrab, Bahawalpur. 

Beautiful roof of a mud house

After buying bangles, I headed towards my Haveli, so we can go and visit to a newly married couple and pay our greetings and of course to enjoy some amazing food.

   A simple and traditional way to welcome the newly married bride at groom's house

 After visiting the couple, we headed back to our home and had a bone-fire because it was so cold at night and to spend a quality time over an open-sky it was much needed.

 We spent hours while gossiping while sipping the tea to make ourselves cozy and warm and here the day-1 was ended with all of its glory and so much memories.

    An enthralling moment of tranquility while having tea around bonefire 
 at Goth Mehrab, Bahawalpur 

The day-2 was more excited for me because we had to visit the Darawer Fort, in Cholistan Desert and trust me I can write another blog to explain its beauty, its history and all the glory it has in it. 

  A hypnotic outside shot of Qila Darwar's rounded walls which can be seen from
 miles away explaining its magnificent history

The giant walls of the fort can be seen from miles away. As soon as, we reached there, we saw many visitors exploring the fort. The walls from outside, however, looked intact and not that bad in condition but the inner side of the fort isn't in the good condition.

  The giant walls of the Fort Derawar standing tall elucidating its Majesty and history

As soon as, you enter the massive gate of fort, you'd be welcomed by hundreds of bats but not to frighten at all. 

    A shot of luring entrance gate of Qila Derawar 
expounding the power of its owners
                                  

As you pass by, you'd be seeing the broken red-brick walls and beautifully carved wooden doors and windows which are enough to explain their glory and history that how majestic this fort had been in the past. The rooms of the fort are almost destroyed and seem like they have never been taken care as much as others palaces.

The forgotten fort explaining its history on the edge of collapse with no renovation


The external gate of Qila Derawar

    The broken brick wall of Qila Derawar delineating its worsened condition

 Some of the youngsters also play their role to destroy such historical places as having the audacity to write names on the walls by spraying and some other stuffs. 

As you keep exploring the fort,

 you'd realize..

 that we have almost lost a treasure and its magnificent history..!


A random inside shot of Fort Derawar explaining its abundance 

      The broken walls of  one of the historical forts of our country-
portraying a dire need of restoration 

After visiting the fort, we decided to head back our Haveli, because we had to drive for 2 hours to reach back our goth. We drove through the desert and witnessed the sun shinning on the sand, making an illusion of golden sand, the most mesmerizing view to see for.

A beautiful shot of a camel walking through the desert in scorching heat


When we reached back our goth, it was almost evening. We all rushed to freshen-up ourselves and to have some food to tantalize our taste-buds with amazing diner because the very next morning we had to leave for Lahore. 

          A beautiful view of sunset 

             A tempting and beautiful shot of making tortillas on clay stove 
at Goth Mehrab, Bahawlpur

That particular night was more crowded with guests, we had tea with bone-fire with lots of gossips and late at night we ended up the session to wake up early.
 
      A fetching and beautiful view of sky embracing darkness of night
 at Goth Mehrab, Bahawalpur

The very next morning, I woke up earlier than usual, and went to fields to witness the mesmerizing view of sunrise. The birds were chirping, people were going to their works with no hurry, a cold soothing wind was blowing.

      A beautiful morning view at Goth Mehra


An eye catching view of beautiful green leaves 



Beautiful flowers to praise the beauty of nature


 I felt so sad as I realized that I'd be leaving this place in a while and gonna live again a life full of hustle and bustle. 

The road leading to main road to exit the Goth

Anyhow, I went back to my Haveli and did my breakfast while sitting in the courtyard soaking sun and sipping my tea, I promised myself to come again this year and stay for a longer period than this. 

After breakfast, we just put our luggage into the car and payed greetings to our relatives with teary eyes and took our seats to leave for Lahore.

I took a glance at Haveli ..
 promising that I'll come soon..
again..
InshAlla..
 but..

      The outside galvanizing view of Haveli presenting its tranquility 
at Goth Mehrab, Bahawalpur 

Yet..  I have to leave as there is another life.. full of chaos.. waiting for me to come and complete them..
   and...!
 then I just closed my eyes..!
 prayed 
and 
looked at the road leading to Lahore...!













Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts